In fact ‘ruining’ is more apt than ‘ruling’.
Anxious attachment feels like…
- Panicky desperation to be loved, approved of and wanted
- All-encompassing anxiety about being abandoned (you can’t think about work, your children or any other important aspect of your life because you are obsessed with the fear of abandonment)
- Low and shameful feelings about yourself – doubting yourself and your decisions
- Exhausted whirlwind head from over-analysing his every word and action – and pretty much everything else in life too
- Dropping your own desires in a heartbeat to make someone happy so they won’t leave you
- Further deterioration of your self-worth due to an endless cycle of toxic men
- Sitting in the wreckage of a lack of boundaries, chasing men, proving yourself, playing games, unhealthy needs and explosive relationships
IT IS SELF SABOTAGE AT ITS BEST.
It pushes good men away, and it pushes love away.
And it only gets worse.
You can’t outthink it because it comes from a place much deeper than thought.
Anxious attachment really is one of the most intense forces to deal with in love.
And it’s intense for this reason: SOMETHING INSIDE OF YOU NEEDS YOU AND IS SCREAMING OUT FOR HELP.
You have to befriend it, tend to it, release it, change your story, connect yourself up to sources far stronger than anyone in your external world. It’s a nuanced process but it’s absolutely imperative if you want to be free and come home to inner peace and healthy love.
You have to do a 180 degree turn on your approach to love.
You know it – your way hasn’t been working.
And here’s the thing: IT ISN’T DIFFICULT!!! When I guide my clients through the practices they feel INSTANT RELIEF – sometimes they laugh because this huge scary thing that they’d been fighting for years was simple to solve FOREVER with the right guidance.
So jump on a call with me. IF YOU ARE ANXIOUS ATTACHMENT YOU ARE SCREAMING TO YOURSELF FOR HELP. The first step is to hear it, put your hand on your heart and tell yourself that you are coming for yourself and YOU will be there for you, that you are going to get help now so you can enjoy the rest of your life feeling peace.